animaCtion

➜ All About Animation

Recently Watched Anime

•  
VIP Club Support
Thread Creator#1
I just thought that I should bring this club to life. This thread shall be about anime you have recently watched and - of course - it needs to be an anime which you can recommend animation-wise. Probably redundant to say, but oh well.

So, I guess I'll start by recommending Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta and Hoshi no Umi. Prefered order might be Eps 1-8 from the TV series, then Hoshi no Umi, then the remaining episodes of Hana no Uta as it would be the chronologically correct order. 

The anime is directed by Ryo-timo, famous for his key animations in episode 7,11,12 of Birdy 02 or 6 episodes from Noein. To be honest I haven't seen those anime yet, but I saw some of the important scenes. ^^
YZQ offers a whole bunch of great action scenes and you also get to see some nice character animation. It is really high standard for a TV series. And as moving pictures speak more than a thousand words I'll post this video which shows some animated highlights from the TV series and the OVA.

There is another OVA coming out right now, called Tsuki ni Naku. First episode is released, but as far as I can see it's only in 480p. So we might have to wait a while until we can see this.
Post was last edited on 12.02.2014 16:35.
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
VIP Club Support
Thread Creator#2
I just watched Naruto Shippuuden #375 and it was another great action episode. Direction, animation direction and storyboard by Yamashita Hiroyuki, who has also done #322, which I also absolutely recommend. Key animation was done by only four animators:  Ken'ichi Fujisawa, Naoki Kobayashi, Tatsuya Koyanagi und Emi Kouno.

This episode delivers a really intense and well choreographed one on one fight between the characters Kakashi and Obito while barely using jutsus as well as several other great action scenes. Even if you don't watch Naruto (I dropped a long time ago as well), just go and watch this episode if you're into great animation and action. You won't regret it.
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
  •